I am writing this note from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport awaiting my flight to Chicago from where I will take flights back home to Bombay. Yipeee! I have been dreaming of this day for 3 ½ years now, since I came to ASU for do my masters’. Now, after a masters’, an internship and my first job, I can go back home to see my mom, pop and joo – my family. I cannot easily describe what I am feeling now. There is a real sense of excitement but there is also some apprehension about going back home. I have changed a lot in past 3 years and India has too. I just hope that I am still the same old venkat to my family that left India with big, ambitious and silly dreams. Everybody is real excited to see me in India and I am too. I think it has still not sunk in yet that I am actually going back home. It just feels like a dream. Like any other air trips have taken in the US in the past. But I am sure it will start sinking in when I board my flight from Chicago to London. I will blog again at O’Hare Airport……
It is that time of the year guys! Formula 1 is back and with a whole lot changes too. Renault trying to win another championship with alonso before he joins Mclaren in 2007 and then there are the V8s how will they affect the series. Tyre Changes are back and complicated new qualifying schedule should make March 12 2006- interesting day. Winter Testing showed Honda to be the best and most reliable team. With Barrichello, a proven race winner in the team , Honda can win their 1st GP in 2006. Renault looks solid as ever and sure are the favorites. You cant rule out schumi in what might be his last season in F1. Mclaren have been very erratic in the winter testing, with mercedez V8 not up to the mark. F1 pundits thinks Cosworth and Toyota have best V8s. This makes Toyota and Williams- Dark Horses in 2006 season. It will interesting to see how BMW does in its 1st year as an independent team.The speed of Super Aguri in 2002 arrows will also be interesting. Personally, I am very big Williams...
Comments