Thursday, January 31, 2008

In Dubai…

It is 8.30am local time in Dubai on the 24th of January 2008. My flight from London reached Dubai at 6.30am. It was still dark in Dubai so I could not see the structures below clearly. I was wondering if I would be able to see the palm tree and world map structures. But I did see a ship dumping sand probably to make more of these fascinating structures. We took a bus from our plane to the terminal as the new terminal is under construction. The airport seemed more crowded than Heathrow. I managed to get a calling card and called dad letting him know that my arrival in Bombay would be on time. This flight to Mumbai will be short one around 3 hours. So I am almost there :-)
As for the previous flight, the emirates service was exemplary and so were the air-hostess ;-) The dinner was really nice and the entertainment system was amazing. The only problem I felt was the seats seemed a little uncomfortable. I did not sleep on the flight at all. I chatted on and off with a lady next to me. She was going to Malaysia through Dubai (for a vacation). She was of a Bangladeshi origin but her family had settled in England for some time now. So she feels London is her home. I watched a couple of movies too – ‘Live free and Die Hard’ and the Hindi movie ‘Partner’.
Drinking my hot chocolate here, I think I am tired and I hope I do not go home and just sleep the rest of the day. I will try to get some sleep on this flight. Just hope I get my bags in Bombay and the customs go well.
Next Stop….Mumbai…..Home Sweet Home!

No comments: